Sunday 6 November 2011

Remember remember the fifth of November,

Remember remember the fifth of November
Gunpowder, treason and plot.
I see no reason why gunpowder, treason
Should ever be forgot...
 

Last night was Guy Fawkes night. I was surprised that New Zealand celebrates this British night as well. I don't know why I was surprised really there are a lot of British ex-pats here after all.



Wellington put on an impressive display of fireworks down at the harbour. I went with one of my house mates to watch the fireworks from the top of Mount Victoria. Which was a slightly painful walk as I had only just eaten. Note to self; you will get indegestion if you eat alot then walk up a huge hill. woops. 



When watching the fireworks I thought isn't it funny we celebrate the fact that we stopped 'terrorists' trying to blow up the houses of parliament with elaborate displays of fireworks. I don’t think we would do this any-more.







Hope you all had a nice Guy Fawkes night. 

Till next time


Katie .x.x

No comments:

Post a Comment