It's that time of the year again. Resolution time! Resolutions are a funny thing we make a list of things to do or be better at and within a day or two we normally fail. I managed to find my resolutions that I wrote last year. I had put them on facebook in the hope that people would help me with them. I think I was pretty ambitious in what I expected last year.
New Years Resolutions 2011:
1. Go to the gym more than once a week/ fortnight.
2. Get organised with move to New Zealand.
3. Give up chocolate (I say it every year, maybe this year)
4. Do more planning for school, mark the kids books more often.
5. Take part in a triathlon.
How did I do:
This went well till about March and then I quit, woops. But I did cycle alot! Even completing a 130km bike ride.(Please forgive the aweful photo, honestly who looks good after any form of excercise.)
I am here and it's been amazing so far.
This lasted two days, it's never going to happen. I LOVE chocolate too much.
I actually stuck at this, with my students becoming very proud of teh comments I left, woooo.
5. I did not manage a triatholon. I did lots of other amazing excercise events though so don't feel too bad about this one. Maybe in 2012.
So what about 2012?
What am I going to set myself to do this coming year? I have decided I don't want to set myself specific tasks as I won't stick to them. When thinking about how I wanted to write my resolution instead I came across this quote at the bottom of a page in my new yearly diary.
'Work like you don't need the money, love like you have never been hurt, dance like nobody is watching' Satchel Paige
This sums up my coming year perfectly.So my resolution for 2012, remember the quote and have a good year. Simple!!
Thanks for reading,