Tuesday 22 May 2012

Day two- Picton to Christchurch

Day two began with the most stunning weather, hopefully a sign of good things to come. We got our car at 9.30 and hit the road. Supposedly driving in the wrong direction around the South Island, but hey you know me I don't pay attention to things like that.

Our plan for today was a day of relaxing, enjoying the drive and looking for seals and whales. Alas no whales but pleanty of seals and amazing views.
Heading along highway 1 made me realise how much I love this amazing country and what a special place it is.


A stunning day, perfect for a drive.


What an amazing place to stop and have a cup of tea.


Add caption










I was about to climb this rock when I realised there where seals at the base.





No comments:

Post a Comment